As a homeowner, you want your home to not only be a safe place but convenient and cosy too. Your garage door has the potential to add value to your home and make your everyday life easier; it can also make it more difficult if it’s not functioning the right way. With such an important purpose to serve, garage doors need a high-quality opener to operate the overhead door safely and efficiently. So, what makes garage door openers so important?
Garage doors are extremely heavy and require a lot of power to operate. Garage door openers serve as an operator, managing the weight of the door and ensuring there is nothing obstructing its path upon closing. When a garage door is closing, the opener will try to detect anything in the path of the door in case it needs to reverse to avoid striking an object that may be in the way. If your garage door opener isn’t functioning properly, that means its safety features may not be either; the importance of an opener working properly cannot be stressed enough!
The whole point of an automatic garage door opener is to make things easy, right? We store vehicles and supplies in the garage and the overhead door needs to work properly to come and go as we please. A faulty opener can make simple tasks take up a lot more time. A quality opener helps to avoid the annoyance of malfunctions, providing a garage door operation you can count on.
Automatic security barriers can take up a bit of space when stacked, taking up an average of 20% of the width of the opening space. This needs to be taken into consideration if you plan on moving things in and out of the room regularly.
Choosing a neutral colour for your automatic security gate will help it blend in to your home and ensure it matches your decor even if you change things up.
Your garage door may operate properly, but can you hear it when you’re relaxing or taking a nap? It’s possible for a garage door to operate quietly! The right garage door opener will greatly reduce the sound of its operation — allowing you to relax.
Automated garage doors can be pretty costly, however, Here are the top five reasons to invest a little extra in the largest, moving part of your home:
- Insulation – Choosing the right garage door can help you to save money on your energy bills. Modern doors tend to be double-skinned and are designed to keep a garage warmer during the cold weather and cooler when it’s hot. A door’s efficacy is measured as a U-rating – something that our advisors will be only too happy to explain to you.
- Soundproofing – Whether you use your garage to keep your car in, as a study or as a playroom for the kids, you may want to prevent unwanted sounds coming in or out. The best garage doors have soundproofing built-in, dampening any sounds to a bare minimum.
- Safety – Children are particularly at risk when it comes to garage doors. Modern, automated doors have safety-features built in to minimise the potential for accidents.
- Security – Many of us keep valuable or important items in our garages – unaware that a low-quality door offers little or no protection. Better-quality garage doors have formidable locking mechanisms that are often enough to deter opportunist criminals. However, in the event that someone does try to compromise your security, modern doors have inbuilt security measures that will, at the very least, severely hinder any attempts on your garage. For further information, speak to one of our fully-qualified advisors.
- Added value – Choosing the right garage door can add value to your home. Speak to any one of our professional staff and they’ll be able to advise you on the door that embraces all of the above factors, without compromising on aesthetic value.